Acquisitions & Mergers
There are several scenarios where you might wish to attain a business enterprise. Whatever the situation, Devonshire Accountants can remove the stress from the process and maximise the opportunity for you.
Whether you are considering buying a business or merging with another business, we have the experience and expertise you require. Are you getting a good deal? Is the business right for you? Can you afford it? Have all avenues for future growth been investigated? We ask the right questions, and find the required answers.
The services we provide cover every stage of the process - From identifying potential acquisitions and negotiating the commercial elements of the transaction to forecasting the future of the business. Our services include:
- A review of your goals and objectives
- Due diligence services
- Preparation of financial forecasts
- Advice on the potential pitfalls and rewards involved in a merger
- Assistance with purchase negotiations
- Advice on financing
- Assistance with preparing a business plan
Drawing on the skills of professionals reduces your chances of purchasing an unsuitable business. Let Devonshire Accountants show you how our experience can save you stress and provide you with the great opportunity a business acquisition or merger can be!
Charitable trusts are set up to hold money or assets and carry out activities for the benefit of the community. Five main types of charitable trusts exist in Australia:
- Australian charitable trust
- General charitable trust
- Prescribed charitable trust
- Deductible gift recipient
- Prescribed private fund
Each type of charitable trust brings with it different requirements and benefits. At Devonshire Accountants we know the practicalities of the charitable trusts and so are able to assist you by:
- Preparing the trust deed
- Applying to the ATO for an ABN
- Organising tax exemptions where applicable
Most importantly, our experience enables us to ensure your trust is used to effectively reach your charitable goals.
Company legislation requires businesses to perform several administration tasks that take up a lot of valuable company time. The last thing you need as a business owner is to be stressed out trying to ensure you comply with the Corporations Law. The possible threat of penalties for failing to keep up with the changing rules is too great a risk to take.
At Devonshire Accountants we can relieve this burden for you. Our services include:
- General advice on company law
- Company formations
- Filing annual returns on your behalf
- Preparing all documentation related to minutes and resolutions
- Maintaining statutory books
- Assistance with changes of directors, shareholders, addresses, and office details
- Bonus issues
- Share transfers
- Registered office facility
Please contact us for further information on how we can help you get back to running your business.
As unpleasant as the task is, estate planning is one of the necessities of life. Knowing your hard-earned assets will be dealt with in the manner you choose provides peace of mind.
For business owners, a plan for succession of ownership is essential. We can guide you through the process of providing for business continuity.
The executor and trustee of a will are required to perform a number of duties. At Devonshire Accountants we are experienced in estate planning and can guarantee no deviation from the succession plan for your assets.
The areas in estate administration that we can assist with include:
- Meeting to discuss objectives for your estate
- Confirming assets - Valuations, inventories, and appraisals
- Court approval for a grant of administration
- Documentation involved in estate planning
- Protecting the assets
- Paying taxes and debts
- Estate distribution
Farm accounting involves specific business, financial, and taxation issues, and a specialist understanding of the industry. At Devonshire Accountants we keep abreast of the developments in both the farming and accounting industries, ensuring we are uniquely placed to provide up-to-date, accurate advice.
Our services include:
- Farm budgeting and cash flows
- Farm sales and purchases
- Ownership structures
- Preparation of financial statements
- Seasonal planning
- Succession planning
Forensic accounting is the use of accounting techniques to assess the financial implications of legal disputes. In a dispute over money it is imperative to obtain accurate, timely advice.
At Devonshire Accountants we offer assistance in legal disputes to swiftly make those headaches over money disappear. Often with our intervention the dispute can be settled without a court case. However, in the event that a court case is required, we can provide the information and documentation required for your case, and act as an expert witness in court.
All our specialists possess a sound understanding of legal concepts and procedures and have years of relevant experience. They are ready and able to guide you through the treacherous territory of the legal industry!
Your most valuable asset is your staff. In recognition of this, and in line with our aim to help you make the most of your business, we provide an HR consulting service. By providing you with the best HR team, we guide you into getting the best out of your team.
We can assist in the following key areas:
- Employment Relations:
- Advice on employment agreements, employment legislation, and employee policies and procedures
- Health and Safety:
- Assistance with implementing systems to ensure compliance with legislation
- Training on health and safety
- Recruitment and Selection:
- Assistance with advertising for employees
- Shortlisting and interviewing
- Reference checking
- Psychometric testing
- Support in administering the payroll
- Advice on remuneration levels
- Guidance with incentive and bonus schemes
- Performance Management:
- Assistance in identifying performance measurement criteria
- Training on carrying out performance appraisals
- Guidance for managers in dealing with non-performance problems
- Strategic HR:
- Aligning HR strategies with business objectives to ensure the development of a team drives the improvement of business performance
- Team Building:
- Implementing personality tests to aid resolution of communication problems
- Team building workshops
- Change Management:
Implementing plans to achieve change in the workplace
Training managers to guide their team throughout the transition phase
Counseling, interview coaching, and other outplacement services
We live in a computerised age where technology enables us to enhance a wide variety of business processes. Using software and hardware effectively can provide enormous benefit to your business.
Here at Devonshire Accountants we have embraced computerised systems, ensuring our experienced, trained professionals can:
- Discuss the best system to further your business
- Install and configure software to suit your purposes
- Recommend processes to make your computer system more secure
- Suggest accounting software applications suitable for your business
- Train clients to be self-sufficient users of a range of software applications
- Offer advice on electronic banking
Whether you are thinking about obtaining new computer hardware or looking at completely changing your business systems, our team is willing and able to assist you.
The key to avoiding insolvency is to seek professional help as soon as the first signs of difficulty appear. The experienced professionals at Devonshire Accountants can assist in identifying problem areas and suggest solutions to improve the position of the company. Timely, expert advice could save your business from liquidation or receivership.
Receivership entails someone being appointed to raise funds within the company to repay a financier. Liquidation becomes necessary when so many of the company assets are sold that it cannot continue its daily business. A liquidator disposes of all the company assets, repays the creditors, and the company ceases to exist.
In the event that liquidation or receivership is necessary, Devonshire Accountants has the required experience and skills to assist. If your business is struggling under financial and operational difficulties, proactive and insightful action is vital to avoid, or at least minimise, the ramifications. Contact us today for an appointment and expert advice to assist with your situation.
Devonshire Accountants is knowledgeable on the industry-specific orchard regulations and has the accounting expertise to provide you with the basis for an efficiently-run business.
We not only assist with completing the accounting requirements for your orchard, but provide expert advice to ensure your business increases profits and makes fully-informed financial decisions.
At Devonshire Accountants we have the expertise required to assist you in a variety of areas relating to residential and commercial property.
The services we offer include:
- Advice on purchasing a property
- Reviews of lease agreements
- Advice on funding
- Guidance in tax minimisation
- Advice on ownership structure
- Periodic reviews to ensure returns are maximised
The importance of forecasts in making a residential investment cannot be emphasised enough. We can provide you with forecasts for:
- Revenue returns
- Financial position
- Potential growth
Contact us today for more information on how we can assist you in the business of rental properties!
Self-managed Superannuation Funds
There are several trust laws and legislative requirements for setting up a self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF). Typically you need to:
- Obtain a trust deed
- Appoint trustees
- Sign a trustee declaration (NAT 71089)
- Elect to become a regulated fund
- Obtain a tax file number (TFN)
- Obtain an Australian business number (ABN)
At Devonshire Accountants we provide the professional advice you need to set up your own fund and greatly simplify the process for you.
Selling a Business
Selling a business can be a difficult, disheartening time and the tasks involved can seem particularly arduous. At Devonshire Accountants we take the unwanted burden from you.
The services we provide for preparing to sell a business include:
- Obtaining comparative results
- Establishing a realistic sale price
- Taking the business to the market
- Negotiating with potential purchasers
- Drafting a contract
Our friendly, professional team will help you obtain a maximum return for your business.
To ensure the long-term success of your business, it is critical to establish a well-designed succession plan. Coordinating the transition of your business to your successors can be an arduous process. However, with our years of experience we can address the complex issues of business continuation, removing the stress from your shoulders.
Contact us for more information on forming a plan that facilitates a hassle-free continuation of your business!
As the Government encourages Australians to take responsibility for and reach their financial retirement goals, citizens are repeatedly required to deal with superannuation funds. Self-managed superannuation is a means of saving for retirement. It enables you to control your investment strategy, reduce tax while obtaining tax benefits, and control administration costs.
Superannuation law is a delicate area and personalised planning is required for each individual. The team at Devonshire Accountants are superannuation experts who can assist in establishing a superannuation fund that will effectively enable you to reach your financial retirement goals.
Services we offer include:
- Establishing self-managed superannuation funds
- Completing information for the Insurance and Superannuation Commissions
- Superannuation audits
- Advice on compliance matters
- Advice on taxation benefits
- Advice on employer obligations
A trust provides a valuable way to protect the assets you have accumulated for the benefit of others. Our extensive experience with trusts enables us to offer specialist advice on trust formation and ensures all statutory requirements are met. Obligations for trustees can often be onerous, and our assistance in trust administration can prove invaluable. We can assist with:
- Preparing and executing the vital documentation required for trust formation
- Attending to the special requirements involved in reporting for trusts
- Completing the trust administration:
- Minute-keeping service
- Annual accounts
- Asset management
- Investment monitoring
- Income distribution
Contact us today to ensure your trust is formed and administered as effectively as possible, covering all legal requirements and guaranteed to fulfill its purpose!
Am I getting the best price for the sale of my business? Is the asking price too much? An independent valuation provides you with answers to the questions you often need to ask about the value of a business or property.
We are trained and experienced in business valuations and can provide you with simple guidelines and formulae to determine the value of your business or property. We can also appear in court or for arbitration as expert witnesses in relation to business valuations.
Choose Devonshire Accountants for a professional, accurate valuation service!